While we provide real-time analytics, we understand that busy professionals like our customers and partners don't always have the time to constantly cover their different data sources.
With that in mind, we built GetSocial Alerts, a self-service feature that, based on your own conditions, will notify you (or your team) when any of your content is picking up on social media.
Here's how it works:
1. Access the Alerts Feature under the Analytics Tab
2. Create a new alert
You'll also find a ready-to-use alert for high viral scores, in case you want a faster way to implement this feature. For education purposes, we'll guide you through the whole feature.
Click 'Create Alert'.
3. Configure your alert
3.1. Alert Settings
Start by defining the Name of your Alert, so it's easy to understand why you're receiving notifications, and filter content according to its relevance in time.
3.2. Trigger Settings
In the screenshot below, you'll find the following example: with this alert, you'll be notified once an article:
- Has received more than 1,000 visits today
- OR it had at least 100 shares
- OR it has received more than 500 referrals (visits coming from shares).
3.3. Delivery Settings
You can choose to be notified via email or Slack notification. If needed, you can use both as well.
If you choose to be notified via email, you can have more than 1 email receiving this notification. You will also be able to set the frequency of the emails:
- Live: we'll send you an email as soon as an article meets your conditions
- Schedule: we'll send you the top X (defined by you) articles that meet your conditions, in any timeslots of your choosing
You can always limit the amount of notifications you want to receive. For example, you may limit the alerts to 1 per day.
4. You're all set! Click 'Create Alert'
Depending on your plan, you may be able to set more than 1 Viral Alert rule. Check our Pricing page for more information.