Whether you'd like the automation feature to be fully automatic or to work as a scheduler, you are in the right place.
GetSocial provides two distinct automation triggers:
- Automatic: where we'll post the best content at the best time for you;
- Custom: where we'll help you automate and schedule posts based on specific criteria;
If you choose Automatic, you'll be asked to define:
- Frequency: how many posts you want made in a specific time window;
- Window: when do you want automation to work (e.g. from 10AM to 4PM);
- Calendar: in which days should that frequency/window work in;
Now, if you choose Custom, you'll have more flexibility to define when an article should be automatically posted.
First of all, you can tailor your settings towards two dimensions: Time & Engagement.
This means that you can set up rules based on the engagement your content had over a specific period of time.
Time dimension covers:
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly visits;
whereas engagement dimension covers:
- Share Rate, and
- Virality Score
Combine the two of them, and you can come up with a query like: "Automate any article with more than 10,000 visits this week and more than 1,000 shares on Facebook or 500 shares on Twitter."
On the custom triggering option, you may also choose from three delivery settings:
(1) publish posts as soon as their conditions are triggered (now)
(2) publish posts x hours/days after conditions are triggered (intervaled scheduler)
(3) publish posts on specific timeslots (as on the Automatic mode)
Select (2) with a value of 4 hours and you'll end up with the query: "Automate any article with more than 10,000 visits this week and more than 1,000 shares on Facebook or 500 shares on Twitter, 4 hours after the conditions are met"