- Ignoring old content: on v1 we would verify if you had already been alerted about a specific story. Now we can exclude from that verification content that is older than a given number of days.
- Location/Path Selector: enables alerts for content based on its URL structure, with options to Include and Exclude paths. A user may exclude content from the /travel section to be alerted, for example.
- Meta Tag Selector: enables alerts for content based on its URL meta tags (name & property types). A user may be alerted only about content from author "John Doe", for example.
- Custom Alert Triggers: On v2, a user may select custom triggers in a time and engagement dimensions. For example, a user may be alerted about any content that had more than 350 shares on Facebook during the last week.
- New Delivery Settings: On v1, a user could select between live, hourly or daily notifications. On v2, a user may use one or two settings:
(1) Live: be alerted about articles as soon as alert conditions are met
(2) Schedule: Send a user-defined number of top articles that meet the conditions, on a scheduled basis, for example: every day at 9AM, 12PM and 3PM.
These are the main changes for the v2 launch of Alerts. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com for any feedback you may have.